Testing Alarm System
LST runs a full diagnostic test of your alarm system at the time of the installation/switchover to ensure that all components of the system are operational and communicating with our monitoring stations properly. However, due to phone line failures, changes in phone service, electricity surges and other outside interruptions can hamper your security system’s functions, so we also advise you to test your system on a weekly basis.
TO TEST YOUR ALARM SYSTEM, FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW:
1. Call our Emergency Response Center at 416-757-0933.
• Request to have your system put in test mode in order to prevent false alarms.
2. Trigger your alarm system.
• Turn your system ON.
• Wait for two minutes, then open a door or window.
• DO NOT enter your access code as you normally would. This will trigger the alarm sirens.
• Allow the sirens to sound for 15 – 30 seconds and then turning the alarm off.
3. Call us back to confirm.
• Confirm with our operators that your alarm signals have been received by our monitoring center.
• And you’re done!
CHANGE PHONE PROVIDER
It is important to contact LST before changing phone providers as not all of them support alarm systems.